English Phrases for Business Email Writing
In the digital age, email still remains a major channel of communication via which we exchange information and propagate ideas. In business environment, email writing skills are quite essential without which it’s difficult to survive and sustain professionally. This blog touches upon important parameters of writing business emails and broad guidelines that should be followed in order to bring effectiveness in business communication.
Tips for writing effective business emails
- Do NOT use contractions (for example: don’t, haven’t, I’m, isn’t)
- Do NOT write in all capital letters
- Do NOT use SLANGS and cuss words.
- Use FORMAL vocabulary and sentence structure.
- PROOFREAD the email at least twice for error-free writing
- Use writing platform like GRAMMARLY for composing effective emails
- Dear Sir or Madam,
- Dear Sir/Madam,
- To whomsoever it may concern,
- To whom it may concern,
- Dear Mr./ Ms. Gupta,
- Dear Dr. Rajesh
REASON FOR WRITING / REPLYING
- I am writing to apply for the position of Senior Manager
- I am writing to confirm my booking…
- I am writing to ask for further information about the new product
- I am writing with regard to the sale of the TV set….
- With reference to our telephone conversation on Monday, I would like to let you know that…
- This email is in reference to the earlier enquiry we received from organization…
- I am glad to inform you that we will be organizing our annual meet on 20th September
- I am more than happy to assist you.
- We regret to inform you that the concert has been cancelled due to communal strife
- We are willing to arrange another meeting with the director.
- We would like to inform you that we offer phenomenal courses in public speaking
- We would be glad to send you another copy of the report if required
- We are happy to let you know that your design has been selected for the competition
- We are delighted to share some exciting news about your application
- Please do let me know if I can be of further assistance.
- Please do let us know if our service is required
- Should you need any further information/assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us
- We wanted to reach out to you for your valuable feedback
MAKING A REQUEST / ASKING FOR INFORMATION
- I would appreciate it if you could please send me the design templates.
- I would really appreciate if you could please reply as soon as possible.
- I would be grateful if you could send me the information at the earliest.
- I would also like to know if there are any fitness centres in your locality.
- Could you please let me know if you can attend the upcoming seminar?
- Could you please let me know if you are available for the meeting on Thursday?
- Could you possibly arrange a meeting with the Branch Manager?
- Please let me know how much the tickets cost.
- Please do let us know when we can get the possession of the apartment.
- We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused.
- Please accept our apologies for the delay.
- Please accept our sincere apologies for the delayed response.
- Please let us know what we can do to compensate you for the damaged product.
- We are regrettably sorry for the miscommunication on our part.
- We will make sure that this will not happen again in the future.
- I am afraid I will not be able to attend the conference on Monday.
- I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with your quality of service
- I am writing to complain about the inordinate delay.
- I regret to say that I was not completely satisfied with the suite you provided us.
- We regret to inform you that your postpaid bill payment is overdue.
- I would like to receive a full refund and compensation for the damages.
- I am interested to hear how your company can compensate us for the distress we had suffered.
- I am attaching my CV for your consideration.
- I am sending you the booklet as an attachment.
- Please see the document attached.
- PFA – please find attachment.
- Please find attached the file you requested.
- Could you send it again in PDF format?
- I am afraid I cannot open the file you have sent me.
- I look forward to hearing from you.
- I look forward to hearing when you are planning to visit our town.
- Please feel free to contact us.
- Please get in touch.
- Just drop us a line in case you need further assistance.
- I really appreciate your time and consideration.
- Yours faithfully, (when you start with Dear Sir/ Madam,)
- Yours sincerely, (when you start with the name, Dear Ms./Mr. Gomez)
- Yours Truly,
- Thanks & Regards,