Talking on the phone professionally is very essential skill that you need to thrive in competitive business environment. Your job may involve taking and making phones calls on daily basis. Practicing these telephonic conversations help you to improve overall communication skills. And eventually mastering these small conversations will make you confident and fluent English speaker.
Introduction / Making a Call
- Good Morning!
- Good Afternoon!
- Hi, this is AMAN speaking
- Can I speak with Ms. JYOTI please?
- Could I speak to GUNJAN please?
- I would like to speak to SAHIL
- I’m trying to contact RAJNI
Taking / Receiving a Call
- Hello, this is DIANA speaking
- KUMAR speaking, how may I help you?
- Hello, PEP TALK INDIA, how can I assist you?
- Hello, PEP TALK INDIA, how could I be of assistance today?
- I am calling from PEP TALK INDIA
- Actually, I’m calling to enquire about the courses
- I’m calling on behalf of Mr. RAJEEV
- I have an appointment with Dr. Drake at 10’o clock.
- Hello, this is Zakir from XYZ Inc.
- Hi, it’s Gargi from ABC Bank.
Asking for information
- May I ask who’s calling please?
- May I know who’s on the line?
- Can I ask whom I’m speaking to please?
- May I know where are you calling from?
- Is that the right name?
- Is that the right number?
- Could I speak to the Manager?
- Could I speak to Ms. Reshma? Earlier I had a word with her.
- I would like to make a reservation please
- When is a good time to call?
- When is she/he going to be back?
- Could you put me through to extension number 765 please?
Leaving / Taking a Message
- I’m sorry, she’s not here today. Can I take a message?
- Can I take your name and number please?
- Can I leave a message please?
- Could I ask who’s calling, please?
- I’m afraid he’s not available at the moment. Can I take a message?
- Could you please ask Mr. Kumar to call me back?’
- Could you please take a message? Please tell him that Dolly from marketing called.
- Could you please take a message? Please tell her to send an email to ABC Travels.
- I’d like to leave her a message. Please let her know that there is no meeting on Tuesday.
Asking the other person to repeat information
- I’m sorry, could you please repeat that?
- Could you spell that for me, please?
- How do you spell that, please?
- I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name.
- How do you spell your name?
- Let me see if I got that right.
- Let me see if I got that right. Your name is Bruce and your phone number is 9893219999, correct?
Asking the caller to wait
- Could you hold on a moment please
- Just a moment please
- Just hold on for a second
- Hold the line please
- I’ll just put you through
- I’ll just transfer you now
- Let me connect you to the concerned person
Giving unpleasant Information
- I’m afraid the line is busy at the moment
- I’m sorry to inform that Mr. Cole is not available right now
- That line is engaged at the moment, could you call back later please?
- I’m afraid Mr. Ravi is busy at the moment, can I take a message?
- I’m sorry, he’s out of the office today
- You may have dialed the wrong number
- I’m afraid there’s no one here by that name
- I’m sorry, you have the wrong number
- I’m afraid I can’t give you that information.
- Sorry, but I’m not allowed to give details about that.
- Sorry, I’m not in position to discuss the matter at length.
- I’m afraid I can’t hear you very well
- I’m sorry your voice is breaking up
- Sorry, we got disconnected, call dropped
- I’m sorry your voice is jarring
- Would you mind speaking up a bit please?
- I’m afraid my English isn’t very good, could you speak slowly please?
- Could you repeat that please?
- I have been trying to get in touch with you.
- I’m sorry can you repeat that, the connection is bad.
- Would you mind speaking up a bit? I can’t hear you very well.
- Could you send me an email with the detailed marketing campaign report?
- Do you mind sending me the report again, please?
- Could you please share the presentation with the team? Let’s get this done ASAP
- I’ll ask him to call you as soon as he gets back.
- I’ll make sure that the new catalogues are printed ASAP?
- I’ll send you the report as soon as possible.
- Thanks for calling.
- Thank you for calling
- Thank you very much for your help.
- Thank you for your time.
- Have a good day
- Have a great day ahead