We face issues in making our talk interesting most of the time. Every time we open our mouth, things sound cliché, be it in a general talk on in a debate.
This article will help you make your debate more interesting and grab the attention of people around you.
1. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WELCOME TO THIS DEBATE/ WELCOME FROM THIS SIDE OF THE HOUSE
This will help you as the opening statement of the debate.
2. IN MY OPINION…
This will help you break the ice or put your idea ahead.
3. I WOULD LIKE TO ARGUE/ RAISE A QUESTION.
This can be used when you wish to counter the speaker.
4. I STRONGLY FEEL/BELIEVE THAT…
This will help you put your idea across with confidence. This will also help you sound surer about your words.
5. I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THE VIEW / I STRONGLY OPPOSE THE VIEW THAT/ I CONDEMN…
This shows a complete disagreement on the views expressed by someone.
6. I FIRMLY REJECT…
A politer way to disagree
7. HOW CAN MY WORTHY OPPONENT BE SO ARROGANT TO SAY THAT…?
A polite way to tell the opponent that he/she is being disrespectful.
8. MAY I ASK/ WOULD YOU MIND ANSWERING…?
This will help you raise a question in a debate.
9. I WOULD LIKE TO YOUR DRAW ATTENTION TO…
This will help you put forward facts/figures in front of participants.
10. AND FOR ALL THESE REASONS, THE MOTION MUST STAND/FALL OR CONCLUSIVELY I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT.
This will help you summarize and close the debate.