- Abide by: To follow any decision or rule
Example: We should abide by the law and order.
- Bump into: To meet a known person unexpectedly.
Example: Last evening, I bumped into my old English teacher in the market.
- Call off: To cancel
Example: We called off the trip due to bad weather.
- Count on: To trust or to depend on (for help)
Example: I always count on my brother whenever I need some help.
- Pass out: To faint/become unconscious
Example: She passed out due to weakness.
- Pass away: To die
Example: The old man passed away last night
- Kick-off: To begin/start
Example: The cricket match kicked off at 2:00
- Let down: To disappoint
Example: I feel so let down because they promised me a puppy but all I got was a doll.
- Magic away: Make something disappear quickly
Example: He magicked the bill away before I could see it.
- Add up: To make sense
Example: Your excuses never add up to me.