English is one of the easiest languages to learn on this blue-green planet. Though it’s not very complicated, but at times it could be quite challenging and frustrating. The purpose of this blog is to help you get rid of the challenges and the frustration so that you can learn and speak English flawlessly.
- Don’t rely completely on grammar – Grammar is an essential part of the language because it helps you to speak correct English. But if you’re completely relying on Grammar, then you’re learning it the wrong way. There are multiple reasons for this. First, while speaking casually, you can break the rules with some limitations. Another reason is, that even the natives don’t care about grammar so much. Just think of the language that you currently speak. Do you always speak grammatically correct? No, you don’t. So, why to care so much about grammar while speaking casually? Remember, no one is going to insult you if you mistakenly speak incorrectly.
- Be patient – Persistence and patience are the keys to successful language learning. Always remember, it’s a skill, and learning a new skill is always time taking process. If you want to speak fluently in 30 days, then you’re having a completely wrong perception about the time it takes to speak fluently. You can easily find many videos and institutes claiming to teach you to speak fluently in 7 days, 10 days, or 30 days. Don’t fall for such lies and think that rationally.
- Do it practically – Languages are supposed to learn more through the practical methods rather than theoretically. Don’t just keep on mugging on the books and expect that a miracle will happen and you would speak everything in English one day. You need to practice all the four components of the language, i.e. Reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Give more time to the components you’re weak in. Practical practice will make an all-rounder of the language. Many people commit a mistake by only reading books and learning grammar and vocabulary and later on they complain about English being a tough language to speak.
- Create your own environment to practice speaking – Well, you’re surely not born in a country of Native English speaker so you always have the challenge of practice your speaking. Many people only give excuses here that they don’t have the environment that’s why they can’t speak English fluently. Well, remember that most of the people who learn it don’t have the environment either. Instead of complaining, find a solution. There are many ways you can create your own environment. Take the advantage of social media, customer care numbers, and use your creativity to find some intriguing idea to create your own environment.
- Work on your pronunciation – This skill is underrated in the process of language learning, but is equally important as other aspects of the language. Having poor pronunciation makes it difficult for others to understand everything you say. They might understand some words, but that’s not enough. You should work on your MTI and have a good pronunciation to make your talk more effectively. If you work upon this, it will be your add-on advantage over others and many of the people out there don’t have good communication.
Follow the tips religiously and be assured to speak fluent English. Not immediately, but definitely.