Few important vocabulary with examples-
- Fillip (noun) – stimulus, boost, encouragement, incentive, impetus, motivation;tonic, uplift, spur, goad, prod, push, prompt.
Example- The news gave a fillip to the telecommunications sector
- Articulate (verb) – express, communicate, state, make public, announce.
Example- He was very articulate about his feelings on the subject.
- Scuttle (verb) – destroy, scrap, make something fail; make something to fail intentionally.
Example- Such threats could scuttle the peace conference.
- Resilience (noun) ability to bounce back, strength, flexibility; ability to recover from a tough time.
Example- The earthquake destroyed thousands of people’s lives, but I was struck by the incredible resilience of the survivors I met.
- Innate (adjective) – inherent, intrinsic, natural, inborn; chronic, congenital.
Example- We all generally have an innate power to distinguish good from evil.
- Heed (verb) – pay attention to, take notice of, notice, take into account.
Example-When you are worried about something, you simply need to heed your inner voice and let it guide you.
- Portent (verb) – sign, indication, forecast, prediction.
Example- I was not happy when the psychic told me the black cat represented a portent of bad luck.