- ROCKET SCIENCE: SOMETHING VERY DIFFICULT
EXAMPLE: It is still rocket science to convince brown parents for love marriage.
- HELL FOR LEATHER: AS FAST AS POSSIBLE
EXAMPLE: After receiving 10 calls from my wife, I drove my car home hell for leather.
- A DIME A DOZEN: SOMETHING VERY COMMON
EXAMPLE: The interior did not appeal to us as it was a dime a dozen.
- FLIP THE BIRD: TO RAISE MIDDLE FINGURE AT SOMEONE
EXAMPLE: He flipped him the bird and went off cursing.
- KNOW THE ROPES: TO UNDERSTAND THE DETAILS.
EXAMPLE: As you are a fresher so I would suggest you to know the ropes before entering the process.
- MILK AND WATER: LACKING THE WILL AND ABILITY TO ACT EFFECTIVELY.
EXAMPLE: We are not in the favour of milk and water government.
- WET BLANKET: A PERSON WHO SPOILS OTHER PEOPLE’S FUN BY FAILING TO JOIN IN WITH OR BY DISAPPROVING THEIR ACTIVITIES.
EXAMPLE: I avoid partying with wet blankets.
- OTHER FISH TO FRY: TO HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THIMGS TO DO.
EXAMPLE: I couldn’t attend the function as I had other fish to fry.
- CHILD’S PLAY: A TASK WHICH IS EASILY ACCOMPLISHED.
EXAMPLE: Convincing my friends for a trip was a child’s play.
- CAT’S AND BULL STORY: UNTRUE STORY
EXAMPLE: Everyone knew that she was telling a cat’s and bull story.